WhatsApp users on Android can now have two WhatsApp accounts logged in at the same time. This is a helpful feature for users who need to switch between their work and personal accounts, or for users who have multiple phone numbers.
To set up a second account, users will need a second phone number and SIM card, or a phone that accepts multi-SIM or eSIM. Once they have the necessary prerequisites, users can simply open their WhatsApp settings, click on the arrow next to their name, and click “Add account”.
Users can control the privacy and notification settings for each account separately. It is important to note that users should only use the official WhatsApp app, and should not download imitations or fake versions of the app, as these versions may not be secure.
Here are the steps on how to set up a second WhatsApp account on Android:
- Open your WhatsApp settings.
- Click on the arrow next to your name.
- Click “Add account”.
- Enter your second phone number.
- Verify your phone number.
- Create a profile for your second account.
Once you have set up your second account, you can switch between accounts by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner of the app, and then selecting “Switch account”.
Benefits of using multiple WhatsApp accounts:
- Easily switch between work and personal accounts.
- Use different phone numbers for different purposes.
- Keep your personal messages separate from your work messages.
- Avoid messaging from the wrong place.
Important note: Only use the official WhatsApp app. Do not download imitations or fake versions of the app, as these versions may not be secure.