How to update your Chromebook: A step-by-step guide
They don’t have the mass-market appeal of Macs or Windows machines, but Chromebooks are great alternatives. They boot up quickly, are safer, and are usually much less expensive than the competition.
Chromebooks also have a leg-up on the competition in another area: updates. Not only is it easy to update your Chromebook, but updates only take a few minutes to download and install. By the time PCs and Macs finish updating, you’re up and running with your Chromebook. Here’s our step-by-step guide on how to perform a Chromebook update.
How to update your Chromebook?
- Connect your Chromebook to the internet over Wi-Fi or ethernet.
- Click on the settings tray in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Enter the settings using the gear icon.
- Click on About Chrome OS on the bottom of the left column.
- Select the Check for updates option.
- Once the update finishes downloading, click Restart.