new features. However, WhatsApp misses out on an important feature – a dedicated app for computers to use WhatsApp without a smartphone.
WhatsApp Web allows you to use WhatsApp on your computer. However, it still requires a smartphone to scan the QR code for authentication and works only if the smartphone is connected to a network.
Telegram, one of WhatsApp’s competitors has a dedicated app for PC users. Messenger, which is also owned by Facebook can be used on a computer without a smartphone. If you want to use WhatsApp on your computer, we have a solution for you.
How to open WhatsApp without a smartphone
There are several Android emulators available that allow you to install Android apps on your computer. You can use emulators like
BlueStacks to use WhatsApp on your computer.
- Go to Andy Android Emulator’s website and click on ‘Download’.
- Now, click on the downloaded file to install the emulator.
- Follow the download instructions and provide the required permissions to the emulator.
- Once Andy is installed, double click on the icon to open it.
- Now, search ‘WhatsApp’ in the search box at the top.
- Now, click on the ‘Install’ button and wait for the app to be installed.
- Now, run WhatsApp and enter your phone number.
- Authenticate using OTP and enter your name.
You can now use WhatsApp on your computer without using a smartphone. You can use Andy to install other apps and games as well.